Chen Style Taijiquan, Wang Xi'an System, Foundation Training and Old Frame First Routine
October 4-8, 2017
About Dr. Bob Bacher
Dr. Bob Bacher has been a student and teacher of martial arts and natural healing sinc 1969. He has an extensive background in the practice and teaching of tai chi, qigong, yoga, karate, and meditation.
Dr. Bacher is the founder and CEO of Wang Xian Taiji North America, an organization dedicated to preserve and teach the theory, principles, and training methods of original Chen style taijinquan (tai chi chuan) worldwide.
Dr. Bacher visited China numerous times to study and research the original Chen family tai chi at its source, and he is a direct lineage teacher authorized by 19th generation Grandmaster Wang Xi'an.
A Chiropractor since 1980, Dr. Bacher specializes in self healing and prevention through healthy lifestyle. His unique health care system includes tai chi, qigong, meditation, healthy nutrition, and stress management.
Dr. Bacher teaches workshops and retreats worldwide, sharing the wonderful benefits of the original Chen style tai chi for health and self defense. He is the author of the bestselling book, "How to Tai Chi in 10 Minutes a Day", a detailed exploration into the foundation training of tai chi that is of equal value to both beginners and advaced practitioners of the art. (Available on Amazon)
Dr. Bacher's Teaching Method
When you attend a class or workshop with Dr. Bacher, you will understand that as a martial art, tai chi must fulfill two functions:
- Tai chi must be good for cultivating health for your whole lifetime.
- Tai chi must be applicable for self defense for your whole lifetime.
Dr. Bacher's teaching method emphasizes the importance of the health as well as the self defense aspects of tai chi. Every basic exercise and form movement is clearly demonstrated and explained as to how and why it fulfills both of these functions.
DR. BOB BACHER
- Student and teacher of taijiquan, qigong, meditation, karate, yoga, and various natural healing systems since 1969.
- Many years intensive training in Chenjiagou, China (the historical birthplace of taijiquan) under the stict supervision of Grandmaster Wang Xi'an.
- 20th generation lineage teacher for original Chen Family taijiquan under the strict guidance of 19th generation Grandmaster Wang Xi'an, chief lineage holder for the original Chen family art of taijiquan.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - graduate Western States Chiropractic College (1980) DC degree.
- Has worked in the capacity as Doctor of Chiropractic since 1980 worldwide (North America, Central America, South America, Asia, and Europe).
- Studied and taught taijiquan and other martial arts worldwide since 1970.
"Principles and Practice or Chen Style Taijiquan, Wan Xi'an System: Jibengong (Foundation Training) and Laojia Yilu (Old Frame First Routine)"
Foundation Training (Jibengong)
Students will learn tai chi principles and theory along with the following 6 components*:
- How to Stand - learn how to align your body with gravity to relax and conserve energy - the key to all tai chi postures and movements
- How to Breathe - tai chi's specific method of breathing to energize your whole body for vibrant health and well being
- How to Loosen Up - a series of gentle joint rotation exercises to loosen up muscles and joints, increase circulation, relieve and prevent joint pain and injuries, and reverse the effects of aging
- How to Silk Reel - Selk reeling is tai chi's continually spiraling/coiling whole body movements. Silk reeling strengthens and tones muscles, tendons, and ligamets, cultivates powerful Qi circulation, improves cardiovascular and lymphatic function, and heals and prevents soft tissue injuries - the healthiest and most intelligent way to exercise the whole body
Food - Our menus are based on group preferences and budget. We offer delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals which typically include raw salads and hot vegetable dishes. Upon request, we will gladly prepare unseasoned blanched or steamed dishes for lunch and dinner. We easily accommodate gluten/dairy free needs, and many of our seasonings and oils are provided on the side for guests to season meals to taste. Several rooms have refrigerators, so guests are welcome to bring food that suits their needs, if they have issues we cannot accommodate. Please note that we are unable to reduce meal costs due to food allergies.
$50 non-refundable deposit taken at time registration is made.
Balance collected 7 days prior to arrival.
$50 forfeited if cancelled 7 days or more prior to arrival.
50% of registration forfeited if cancelling between 7 and 4 days prior to arrival
Full forfeiture if cancelling with less than 4 days prior to your arrival.