Estate & Retreat
A classic Berkshire retreat on 600 acres with turn-of-the-century Summer Cottage charm, Mt. Greylock & October Mountain views and miles of hiking trails. We look forward to making your visit to Eastover a most memorable one.
The Eastover Experience
A setting created for you and your students to:
Explore – creativity
Experience – 600 acres exclusivity and prestige centered on the evocative Berkshire Summer Cottage
Connect – sun trenched terrace dining room, library, cafe, book store
Respite - community
Reflect – silence and tranquility, less than 100 rooms, lots of space for everyone
Heal and Rejuvenate – spa, classes, Chinese Medicine, …
Immerse – art and culture of the Berkshires, Eastover itself is an art gallery with art from far
Learn – workshops brought in by you, eco system for recovery of water, library
Attain Happiness – nature, spa, pool, tennis, trails in an expansive and intimate setting …
EASTOVER ESTATE & RETREAT has been undergoing a complete renovation and will soon emerge as a residential holistic retreat center dedicated to serving the greater holistic community. Centered around an evocative Berkshire “Summer Cottage” with a sun-drenched Terrace café, juice bar, library, meeting rooms, courtyard, and luxury bedrooms, Eastover is located in the cultural hub of the Berkshires, and only minutes from Tanglewood, Kripalu Center, Shakespeare & Co., and dozens of other cultural venues. An ideal location for teachers, groups, organizations and companies seeking retreats and trainings. Eastover offers spacious workshop and program rooms with multiple meeting and studio facilities, including well-equipped commercial kitchens ideal for all styles of cooking classes. There is a wide range of overnight accommodations to fit everyone’s budget, from rustic, to contemporary, to luxurious. Located on 600 acres, and cradled to the east by the Housatonic River and October Mountain State Park, Eastover is a mix of inviting lawns, courtyards, meadows, gardens, forests, woodland trails, and panoramic views. The site creates a sense of expansiveness and a feeling of serenity where people can meet outside the bustle of everyday life. Eastover is unaffiliated with any specific spiritual tradition, and its eclectic open-hearted receptivity aims to support the continuing emergence of holistic and ecological ideas capable of renewing our culture and leading the way to a sustainable planet.
Let us Host Your Unique Program or Conference.
Imagine being able to present your workshop or program, from an intimate group to the largest possible audience, any time of year, and giving your students an experience that no money can be measured? The staff at Eastover is dedicated to receiving and caring for your guests in order to help make your program a signature presentation. We offer full retreat facilities:
- Eastover boasts the most square footage than any other venue in the Berkshires, and includes:
- The Tally Ho: A converted 120-year-old stable that can accommodate up to 470 participants and features a large stage and professional sound system. So whether your program calls for tables and chairs or ample room to move about - or both - the Tally Ho is perfect for your needs. In addition, just past the sliding stable doors is a juice bar and meeting space that can serve as a breakout room as well. There is also a fully equipped kitchen on site.
- The Mohawk Room: This bright space, overlooking October Mountain, measures 20 x 72 feet and can bee partitioned into two separate program rooms.
- The Heritage: With a large stone fireplace and views of October Mountain, the Heritage is the perfect location for hosting programs of up to 75 participants.
- The Mansion and Café: The Mansion offers smaller intimate program spaces as well as the Terrace Café where guests can socialize well into the evening.
- Fully equipped professional banquet kitchens offering a variety of nutritious and natural foods for guests, as well as a fully equipped separate restaurant kitchen adjacent to the Mansion dining room for teaching a full range of vegetarian cooking classes, Chinese medicinal cooking or sous-vide modern cuisine.
- Eastover amenities include: Spa services, tennis courts, indoor heated pool, sauna, hot tub, and miles of well-groomed hiking trails, all set against the backdrop of the majestic Mount Greylock, October Mountain and the Appalachian Trail.
The staff at Eastover will dedicate itself to providing comfortable accommodations and services for your guests, as well as healthy and delicious natural cuisine.
Why Not Take Full Advantage of the Rich Cultural Heritage and the
Arts that the Berkshires is Known For?
Eastover’s Cultural Heritage Package
Eastover is only minutes away from many of the most beloved arts venues in the Berkshires, including the Tanglewood Music Center, Shakespeare & Co., Jacob’s Pillow Dance, the Norman Rockwell Museum, the Mahaiwe, and MASS MoCa. Consider setting aside one evening for your participants to indulge in the theater and the arts to round out their experience with your program. We will provide schedules of events and will help facilitate your guests’ arrangements. We'll even provide them with a meal to go!
A sampling of recent events include:
- Tanglewood Music Center: The Boston Symphony Orchestra performing pieces by Wagner, Liszt, and Brahms; Jackson Browne.
- Mahaiwe: Mary Chapin Carpenter & Marc Cohn
- Jacob’s Pillow Dance: Ballet BC
- Shakespeare & Co.: Richard II; Love’s Labour’s Lost
- The Colonial Theatre & Barrington Stage: Rogers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma!; On the Town